IELTS Video Lesson - Writing Paper 1 Tips & Tutorials
IELTS Exam Writing Paper One - Test Tips
by Ian Nock
- Watch the video above
- Paraphrase the description of the figure on the paper. Do not just change or add a few words. This will not count. It must be very different.
- Make one or two statements that comment on all the data. These should not include specific details. This is best put at the beginning or the end of your answer.
- Include actual data to support your comments on the figures.
- Group the data. Don’t just report it point by point.
- Report highs, lows, similarities and differences, plus anything unusual. Make comparisons.
- Describe only. Do not try to ‘explain’ the data.You must write at least 150 words, so make sure you count the number you have written as less than this will carry a penalty.
- Start by writing a one sentence description of the chart or table. Try to use different words than those used in the actual title printed on the graph.
- Compare & Contrast data
- Include time the time interval of when things happen
- Concentrate on major trends
- write 150 words or a few more.
- Spend 20 minutes on this section
About The IELTS Test
The IELTS test (International English Language Testing Scheme) is the most used English test in the world. Its used for University & college entrance as well as for professional immigration e,g, for accountants going to Australia.
About the author - Ian Nock is CEO, Director of Studies and Senior Business Coach at HKEnglish.com
Prepare for the IELTS exam in Hong Kong
Take an IELTS Preparation Course with one of our experts and learn the IELTS exam quickly fast e.g. Usually the speaking & Writing papers are more difficult for Hong Kong students.
HKEnglish.Com provide high quality private English tuition, business English skills training and editing services as well as company training in Hong Kong, HK,
Get more information on this or other English courses in Hong Kong today.