IELTS Exam Video Lesson - Reading Tips & Tutorials
IELTS Reading Paper Tips (Academic Stream)
By Ian Nock
- Watch the video above
- Know the structure & organisation of the test
- Follow all the instructions carefully
- Manage your time: there are 3 long articles (900 words plus) so you have to read them quickly
- Know what the types of questions are - an IELTS expert tutor can help you learn how to answer different types of questions
- Improve your reading skills before you take the exam
- Understand Synonyms: the words in the passages will be different from the words in the question paper: e.g. Passage: I love your sports car Jack! Q: What type of automobile does Jack have?
- Understand paraphrasing: Whole sentences may be turned around in the passage & question sheet
- Write clearly and use grammatically correct phrases or sentences.
Learn about IELTS reading skills: The best way to prepare for your IELTS exam is by taking an IELTS Preparation Course with an IELTS expert.
About The IELTS Examination
The Academic Module is used as an entrance test for boarding school, college and university admission worldwide. It is also used by employers and the Government in Hong Kong for job application screening. The General Training module is used mostly for immigration purposes. There are two separate Reading Papers used for each of these modules. This article will concentrate on the Academic Reading Paper.
About the author - Ian Nock is CEO, Director of Studies and Senior Business Coach at HKEnglish.com
Prepare for the IELTS exam
Take an IELTS Preparation Course with one of our experts and learn the IELTS test fast e.g. reading &r writing papers.
HKEnglish.Com provide high quality private English tuition, business English skills training and editing services as well as company training in Hong Kong, HK,